Let's tap into the nurturing and healing power that is the Divine Feminine. We can embrace Her by learning to put our needs first and finding comfort in alone time. Finding time to be still and present in some self care is recommended. Balancing the Divine Feminine within helps to reduce stress and anxiety while cultivating peace and self awareness. I would like to introduce you to an ancient self care ritual that was designed by women for women to keep the divine feminine energy free and clear.
This is where I introduce you to Yoni Steaming. Also, known as v-steaming, short for vaginal steaming, this vaginal therapeutic ritual is one of the most ancient female self care rituals dating back as far as the Mayans! Yoni Steaming can be used to rejuvenate the vagina and uterus, regulate menstruation, and speed healing after childbirth. Some women have even attributed these pampering v-spas to have reversed their infertility symptoms!
These are just the physical benefits. On an energetic level, yoni steams help to clear our negative and stagnant energy from this sacred area that is typically picked up from past lovers. It is necessary to remove this energy for a clear mind that only consists of our thoughts and feelings. This ritual would also be great for those who have experienced some sexual trauma to reconnect with this area of the body.
Yoni steaming helps to detox us physically and spiritually.
- Instinctive Massage, VA
- V-Spa & Nail Studio, MD
- Patacake Wax Studio & V-Steam Spa, NJ
- The VSpot, NC
- Chai - Yok, NC
- InnerSense and Soul: A Luxury V-Steam Boutique, GA
- Serenity V-Steam, TX
- Sweet Cookie Jar, FL
- Tikkun Holistic Spa, CA
Looking for that Yoni Steam experience on a budget? Here's how to achieve the perfect at-home v-steam spa:
- Gather whatever herbs you will use in a glass bowl [Commonly Used: Rose Buds, Lavender, Chamomile, Red Raspberry Leaf, Calendula, Basil, Rosemary, and Mugwort]. Some women even like to add fresh, cut fruit like lemons or berries.
- Boil 6 cups of spring water, add to bowl of herbs, and cover to steep for 10 minutes
- Find a comfortable place to sit or squat over the steam. You can purchase a Yoni Steam chair and bucket for extra comfort (never use plastic as it contains chemicals that can cause cancer!)
- Pour your herbal infusion into your bucket of choice or use the same bowl you used for steeping (if squatting)
- Undress from the waist down and sit over the bowl with your lap covered with a towel to trap the steam
- Just relax for about 20 minutes and let the herbs do their job
For extra relaxation, you can listen to binaural beats, relaxing frequency music, or read a book. I personally love listening to meditation music with the 963 hz frequency, known as the God frequency♡.
There are some precautions to yoni steaming. Of course, you want to make sure that the steam is no where near scolding. The vaginal tissue is very delicate and you do not want to cause burns or discomfort. Also, I am not a licensed herbalist or healthcare professional. If you are trying to treat a specific health condition, consult a licensed herbalist or naturopath for a special herbal blend. Yoni steaming should not be practiced while menstruating, pregnant, experiencing an infection/open wounds, using an IUD, or if there is an existing Chronic Reproductive Condition. The steam is thought to loosen vaginal wall tissue which is why women do this practice before menstruation. If you are pregnant or actively trying to conceive, you should stop this practice.
If you are interested in this self care ritual, remember that the more intention you put into it - the better. Immerse yourself completely into the experience and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please consult your health care professional before attempting any of the techniques here. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any health conditions. These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA.