What comes to mind when you envision a self confident person? How does she view herself? How does she interact with others? Let's talk about what it really means to be self confident and how to foster it. I also have 30 affirmations to strengthen your self confidence that you can begin today listed below.
You may be surprised to know that self confidence plays a major role in emotional intelligence. The more secure an individual is within herself affects how she will conduct herself in her external world. When we see someone who is overly aggressive and arrogant, this may seem like self confidence at first glance. However, a true confident person does NOT feel the need to prove her confidence to others. A true confident person also does NOT feel the need to put others down either. Someone who has established a strong sense of self worth understands that not only does she add significant value to society but others do as well in their own unique way.
Self confidence is a skill that must be practiced regularly to become habit. Outside of external depictions of self confidence, one should establish a solid foundation of self trust. Learning to trust in your decision making is such an underrated facet of self confidence as most people view self confidence as being cocky and bodacious. In reality, simply trusting that any decision you choose to make has the opportunity to be a good one and having compassion towards yourself if things don't work out as planned is just as powerful! A self confident person uses her setbacks as insight to keep pushing towards her end goal.
Choose some of the affirmations below that you resonate with to recite daily and transform your mindset from insecure to self assured.
30 Affirmations to Strengthen Your Self Confidence
- I am doing the best with what I know.
- I choose to love and accept myself.
- I am the light that I seek.
- I am evolving with each new day.
- I have everything that I need.
- I am a product of love.
- I am completely safe in this present moment.
- I am grateful for the lessons learned from my past mistakes.
- I am seeking ways to grow as an individual.
- I am learning to speak positively about myself.
- I am important.
- I trust in my intuition and discernment.
- I have imperfections which is completely normal.
- I love myself with all of my imperfections.
- I am learning to listen to my internal signals.
- I give myself permission to speak my truth.
- I am connected to the Divine Source / God / the Universe.
- I trust my own inner wisdom.
- I am always choosing what I believe is the best option for me.
- I am the creator of my own life.
- I am expanding my self awareness.
- I am more than the mistakes made in my past.
- I choose to live in the present moment.
- I live a balanced life.
- I love caring for myself.
- I am grateful for my body.
- I take pride in nourishing myself.
- I am learning to honor my emotions.
- I choose to validate myself.
- I have a greater purpose even if I'm unsure of it.